Monday, July 18, 2011

Excedrin

A man came into my line at Reams the other day with one item:
               a bottle of Excedrin.

Not unusual, happens all the time.

First thought: "Migraine. Ouch."

Second thought: "What to say...."---As always I try to strike up a bit of conversation. It serves two purposes, [1] leaves the customer feeling happy and [2] keeps me from going crazy. Take it from me, starting small talk 600 times a day is tiring. Actual conversation is golden.

So, in a situation such as this I usually say something along the lines of, "I hope this isn't for you", or "someone isn't happy at your house!" If they are the sick individual I offer my condolences for their ailment. [This is an easy conversation starter, most of the time it's more difficult.]

This time I said, "So is this for you or going home to someone else?"

To this he answered, "I hope it's not for me, otherwise something would be seriously wrong!" Accompanied by a half smile/half "what-are-you-thinking" look.

I looked at the bottle more closely.

Tip for next time: Read the package.

6 comments:

Tairsa said...

HAHAHA, great conversation starter!

Anonymous said...

Omg... epic. :D Taylor, that is awesome.

Breanna said...

HAHA!! Taylor you are hilarious! I love your awesome stories! :D

E said...

:D Haha! So great!

Jessica Grosland said...

XD Great story!

Jess said...

BAHAHAHA! Classy.