Friday, October 22, 2010

Party for Mallorina

Keeping a birthday party a secret is not an easy task. And when you are in charge of luring the guest of honor to your apartment for said birthday party, lying is somewhat needed. So I apologize profusely for lying to you Mallory, it was for a good cause! You saw right through it anyway, I'm not so good at it. :)

September 29 we held a splendiferous party for our dear twenty year old friend Mallory (a.k.a. Mallorina). Preparations included the decorating of our apartment with streamers (some of which still hang in our apartment), balloons (purple of course!),  and a rainbow pinata that conveniently hung on one of the random hooks in our apartment that had never before been deemed useful. Kaitlin made a towering purple cake that was absolutely lovely, even though the frosting had a bit of trouble.

In order to lure her to our apartment I told her that I needed help with a photography assignment and she needed to help me really quick. Kaitlin had it planned perfectly until an incident with grilled chicken happened and we ended up waiting for quite a while. But eventually Mallory DID walk in the door and we DID surprise/scare her and festivities ensued.

Surprise!

The festivities

Kyle and the Cake!

Mallory and her pinata

Song singing, candle blowing, cake eating, small talk-ing, Mallory hugging, rope tying, dizzy-making, pinata smashing, candy eating, present opening, Mallory hugging, song singing, movie watching,....sleeping.

It was a most grand night of friends, fun, and laughter. Surprise parties are the bestest!

1 comment:

Mallory Belle said...

I love this Taylor! haha thank you for lying to me! No, I will never say that I again, but this time it is said with the utmost sincerity :)