Of course it's bittersweet, but I'm going to focus on all of the wonderful things. Things like: he will learn about a new culture and maybe a new language! This will give him a chance to go on a "vacation" of sorts. He gets to go through the temple and I am infinitely jealous! He will be protected and most importantly he will grow closer to the Lord. That's what a mission is about. It isn't the baptisms, the copies of the Book of Mormon that are given out, or learning a new language. Missionaries are out there to be stretched, tested, and tried--pushed to the limit. They are learning to lean on Heavenly Father.
So Easter weekend found us Friday night playing dominoes. Just my family, Lindsey and Tyson. Kam and Ant were downstairs playing something on the Xbox, while we were playing Mexican Train. Somehow we got on the topic of Tyson's mission and we all started making guesses as to where he will go. Here is the List:
Tim (Dad): France, Italy
Tina (Mom): Brazil, Tennessee
Taylor (Me): Samoa, Canada
Lindsey: Russia, Southeast USA
Anthony: New Zealand, South Pacific
Kameron: Argentina, Mexico
McKenzie: England, Germany
And of course:
Tyson: French Polynesia, Malaysia
We had a lot of fun with the globe, as you can see, spinning and pointing at places, trying to pronounce Russian and African names...
It should be coming next week, or perhaps the week after! I'm so excited! And Tyson's dying from the suspense!


4 comments:
that is super exciting! :) It is a bittersweet thing, mostly sweet though... at least for now, from my point of view... when I opened mine we had a big map of the world and everybody pinned their guesses, of course, no one was even remotely close, but it was fun anyways! :)
How fun! I'm going for Canada and Italy as well...but only because those are two of my most favorite places in the world...that I have yet to go to. ;) Super intense! Can you handle this? Can he handle this?
Wait one second... We all get two guesses?! In that case... I'm saying Las Vegas, or Tahiti. I know, I know... originally I always said it'd be Belgium... but I'm changing my guesses.
Ian's going to Belgium anyway. ;) And it's now the Belgium-France Mission.
Post a Comment