Thursday, April 8, 2010

Silver white winters that melt into springs...

Today was the most beautiful day I have ever seen! After emerging from a long, cold winter today felt like drinking sunshine! It started out very cold, but once it warmed up it was gorgeous! There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and I heard birds! Real birds in the trees! I was so excited, as you can see, and completely overjoyed. I sat outside during a short break in classes and once it was time to go back I was so intoxicated by the beauty it took all the strength I could muster to go to class.

I found that if I held very still I could feel the sunshine on my back, which is a most wonderful feeling. The wind was still and so it didn't steal away my warmth and I just sat and soaked it in. I wanted so badly to lay down and fall asleep on the grass and if it wasn't for my limited time, I would have.

By the time I got out of class again the wind had kicked up and my hunger had set in so it wasn't as beautiful, but for 15 minutes I felt happy, warm, and peacefully alone.

The world is finally waking from this endless Logan winter, and an exciting part of me is waking with it!

4 comments:

Goaslind Gang said...

Taylor, have you ever considered being a poet? This post is absolutely beautiful! I'm in love... I could be a little biased by the topic but it is great nonetheless. I'm so glad you share in the joy of this season! :]

Jess said...

Haha - I was about to steal Mal's line! You are so poetic! That was a beautiful day. I sat in the library on the third floor, on the breezeway. The sun was shining through the windows so I specifically sat in a chair that had been resting in the sunshine. It was truly marvelous and heart-warming. Most definitely!

This is super silly - but just thinking about the beauty...made me tear up a bit just now. I'm such a noob. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you just said noob. :) It's a Mallory thing.

Goaslind Gang said...

Oh yay. I love the effect I'm having on all of you! My dorky phrasology and Facebook addiction... Hooray for all of us going to Old Farm next year!!!