Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decking the Hall

Twas the day after Thanksgiving and all through our dorm,
the smells of Christmas started to swarm.

It started with the Tree, a sad, lonely sight,
but grew with the tape, glue and paper so bright.

We dressed the tree in paperclips and color,
and filled the room leftover clutter.


Cotton was added to look like snow,
And Kelsie named the finishing hero.

Each of us fixed our sad little tree,
And made it so bright and so happy!

Next was the Hall, so sad and gloomy,
We spruced it up and made it look snowy!


Snowflakes were cut and hung with care,
lining the hall, so tall people beware!

Mike made his heart, and Tim made a cube,
I tried zebra, but it turned out skewed.

Jessica made Africa, Mexico and France,
And Michael Buble made everyone dance!

We turned up the carols and all sang along,
And finally felt like Christmas belonged.

5 comments:

Jess said...

...with bows of Holly! Fa La La La La La La La La. That's right, count them. All the "Las" are accounted for. :)

Good work Taylor! I love the poem! You are brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Wait wait, you guys are allowed to have real trees? I'm so JEALOUS.

Breanna said...

wait...we're not Beth?? What is this!?

Tina said...

The poem is adorable and I love your Charlie Brown tree!!!

Anonymous said...

Allowed? I'm not sure, but we did. :) We have pet fish too, they're allowed!