This year The Andersons, The Coxes, the Roberts, and the Burrows all contributed to making Christmas for a family in our ward! We had lots of fun brainstorming, gathering, and wrapping up presents. We all loved our little secret and it made Christmas much more wonderful!
Kerry and Anthony got the pleasure of delivery, and the rest of us tagged along to watch. At the first house we all parked and made our cars dark to watch. We were all trying to be quiet--which was very hard for Shae--and Kameron wanted to get a better look, so he opened the car door, and turned on the lights! So we were all looking around like deer caught in the headlights and managed to turn them off by pulling out the key. We weren't seen, but Kameron still got teased.
The people didn't have much of a reaction at the first door, which is understandable for a few reasons. But afterwards we drove to the next house and parked in sight of the front door. They didn't answer the door for a while, but when they did she asked some questions and got teary eyed. They were very gracious and thankful, and it was really good.
While watching this house my dad rolled down the window so we could see better and perhaps hear, and so I told everyone to be quiet, and Shae started laughing. If you tell her to be quiet it just makes it harder for her, and so she finally calmed down and we watched the proceedings.
It was a fantastic family home evening activity, and we had so much fun with our secret! I wish I could remember more details, but it's been a while... I'm a slacker. It was a fantastic Christmas though!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope that my family can do something like that next year! I think that is the essence of Christmas in a moment like that. How wonderful!
Post a Comment