It looks out over the valley and you can see the temple directly behind in the center of the natural setting, creating a masterpiece in nature. Once the trees perk up it will be an amazing sight! I can just imagine a song sung on the stage that would ring through the valley because of the acoustics. It's in the perfect position to project over the valley. It's so secluded that I can completely imagine myself singing songs to the stars late at night with only old brick and weathered wood to applaud. There is such wonder in this place.
There were several rusty doors that intrigued me. What could possibly be inside? Most were padlocked but as I reached to open one the handle turned in my hand. At first I was frightened. I wish I could open creepy old doors without my imagination running away, but my thoughts found a million scary things that could be lurking there. It took me a few moments to convince myself to open it, but in the end I succeeded. Inside were a bunch of old sprinkler pipes and other forgotten gardening supplies. It was such a relief to discover this instead of spiders and snakes and rotting things...
I found a sign that said: Contributed by the classes of 1925 and 1926 and the Federal Emergency Relief Administration 1934. I’m guessing that means it was built in 1934, so it is 76 years old! What was it intended for? I’m sure the entire graduating class of that year could fit in the seating area because the university was so small. But what was its use? I hope it was for plays and musicals and concerts!
What interesting things you can find on campus. I simply love USU, and this town of Logan.

3 comments:
Please enter a writing contest.
Heavens no Jess! You are the amazing writer! I'm an amazing ranter... I just never stop...
I'm on both of your sides... but Taylor. You ARE a poet! There's no getting around it. You find beauty in old flag poles and can express it so that we feel like we're there with you. Winner winner. Chicken dinner. Haha please continue ranting!
Post a Comment