Physiology is consuming me. My life is nothing but kidneys, the liver, and "lack of a terminal hydrogen ion and electron acceptor at the end of the respiratory chain"... believe me, you don't want to know. Due to this all consuming class I never leave my apartment, I study every minute I'm awake and not in class, and virtually nothing else.

Except, I've found a new hobby: Coloring. Spurred by my amazing box of crayons (courtesy of Sarah Singleton--many moons ago) I have become very fond of drawing pictures. I drew some pictures for my dad for fathers day and I told him to put them up in his office at work--and he did! All of the wonderful elderly at his work can see them. :) I drew a few pictures for my mom's birthday and gave them to her. They are so silly, but so much fun to act like a kid again. Cheap gift idea for parents: crayon pictures! They miss those times as much as you do.

When I was little I had such a difficult time coloring, but now it is therapy. Literally. Letting myself relax and be creative for an hour or so before bed is so, freeing. Granted I don't do it every night, but when I'm particularly stressed I do.
I think I'm going to invent color therapy. When someone is having a hard day I will hand over my box of 96 crayons and tell them to color. To me it is so happy-making! I feel like a little kid, choosing the perfect color, trying to draw straight lines, making the hair look semi-presentable. It makes me think of simpler times, when scraped knees and broken crayons were my only worry.
Did you notice that everyone looked the same as stick figures? Everyone had yellow balloon heads with oddly shaped clothing. There was no perfect stick figure, they were all equal. Isn't that interesting?

Did you ever notice that most drawings when you were little were about your family? I remember so many pictures of mommy and daddy, angel Nikolas, and a little Kam and baby Kenz. I think that was a time when our priorities were in order, our family came first, until the teenage years came to ruin it. :)
The thing I love most about drawings is that nothing is impossible, and you are only limited by your imagination. Things fall from the sky, cheetahs are purple, and the sun has glasses. Growing up has killed some of our imagination and made us think inside of the box, but wouldn't it be great if we could break free of that? Maybe with a little practice I can. :)
3 comments:
I adore this post. I don't know if it's just how well you were able to convey your thoughts, or if it's just because the idea in and of itself is splendid. Either way, I'm glad this is what you chose to post about after your blog-withdrawals. :)
What an amazing post. I love your innocence and eloquence. You are simply wonderful!!
Oh Taylor. How I love this, I can't explain.
Your posts are as enjoyable as dancing in the rain... That's as far as my poetry skills take me :] I'm so glad the simple pleasures in life thrill you too! I love you!
Post a Comment