Feeling like a kid again: Priceless.
At the beginning of the summer on a grocery run we found a box of chalk FOR $2! Needless to say we bought it immediately... and it has sat in our closet ever since.
Taylor was busy, Jess was busy, Mallory couldn't come up... so the chalk just sat, and waited.
During the course of our chalk activty we discovered a few things about chalk:
1. There is no black. But of course everything you want to draw requires some amount of it. And gray isn't a very good substitute.
2. Chalk likes clothes. A lot. And it gets EVERYWHERE.
3. There are only 3 main colors of chalk: purple, green, and a poor substitute for blue.
4. Red is also a nonexistant color, despite the box...
5. Sharp chalk is wonderful, but it only lasts 4.35 strokes.
Jessica--the arteest!--drew a masterpiece of the sea, complete with an island, coconuts, boat, shark, Nemo, Scuttle, Sebastian, Flounder and Ariel. Of special notice is the "Lady with her cute fat dog."
As we were coloring two ladies walked past while they were out walking their little dogs. They remarked on how they'd never seen two grown girls (if you can call us that) coloring with chalk on the sidewalk. We laughed. We're not exactly normal, as you can see. The next time she passed she saw Jessica's drawing of the island and she said, "That's where I want to be! You can put me there with my fat dog." So Jess granted her wish. Of course there was no brown, and so she made the dog purple, but you can kind of see it... :)
A chalk adventure--the next chapter to our adventure book! And we really need to try this one again. Next time we're going to explore space!

3 comments:
This is absolutely fantastic! I'm sad I missed it... Do you think we can recreate this outing next week? :)
Oh heavens! I ne'er fer-gawt 'bout this one! Those pictures make me happy. :) Yes Mallory - we will definitely go on this outing with you. I'm excited to create our Outer Space Scene!!!
I love your pictures! and I love you guys! I want to play with you! Also, you should have taken a picture of your princess scene... :D I would have loved to see it.
Post a Comment