Friday, September 24, 2010

Ode to Guernsey

Can I count the ways? This book has captured my heart in every conceivable fashion. I want to move to the Channel Island of Guernsey. I want to meet Eben, Isola, Remy, Dawsey, and especially Juliet and little Kit. I want to make potato peel pie even though it is revolting. I want to somehow wish Elizabeth into life, and save all those poor people from the heartache of the Occupation. I have never had such a desire to crawl inside a book and never come out. This book felt like home, a world of sweet people each with distinct personalities that I absolutely fell in love with. My feelings for this book cannot be expressed, I love it with my whole being and I want everyone that I know and love to read it. You will not regret it.

1 comment:

Mallory Belle said...

Oh this book... So near and dear to my heart. It truly is fantastic! I'm so glad you read it. We WILL have a pie party ASAP!