Friday, January 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'll admit, I was a little afraid to come home for the holidays. The last couple weeks hadn't been so great, and so spending a month with my family was not appealing. The holiday could turn into one of two things: boring, or grouchy.

It ended up being neither. It was fantastic. I love my family. Sure there were boring times and times when I wanted to smack Kameron upside the head, but on the whole it's been wonderful.

This break I: (in no particular order)

--Spent a day in Salt Lake City to see the lights and watch Kam's choir sing in the Assembly Hall.

--Played Rockband, pool, Mario Party 8, and Wii Sports Resort to my hearts content.

--Wrote family letters and cried on Christmas morning.

--Spent a week with Grandma and enjoyed her company and sewing expertise.

--Drank lots of hot chocolate and apple cider.

--Played in the snow for hours pretending I was little again. (Mom playing too hard and throwing her back out.)

--Got a Disney Princess calendar, Barbie movie, and my own sewing machine for Christmas.

--Went bowling and threw 9 balls in the gutter, almost straight in a row.

--Worked a week with my dad and the dear elderly at the Berkshire.

--Fell asleep in bliss every night with a heated mattress pad.

--Made homemade caramel, white chocolate popcorn and hundreds of chocolate dipped pretzels.

--Enjoyed party after party after party after party....

--Named a snowman Howard.

--Sent a (very late) package to my missionary with enough sweets to keep him happy for a year.

--Finally took poor Gracie to the shop to get fixed.

--Sewed more flowers and hair bows than I know what to do with.

--Fasted and prayed for a dear friend to open his heart to the gospel.

--Brought in the new year with fantastic friends and good food.

--Gained several pounds in candy weight.

--Finished reading the conference Ensign cover to cover.

                  And had fun doing it all!

5 comments:

kait said...

It sounds like you have had such a fabulous break! I think Howard is a fantastic name for a snowman, by the way :)

Tairsa said...

You are so awesome! I wish we could have played over the break, but it just went by too fast. I'm so glad you had so much fun though and I miss you!!

Jess said...

ADMIRATION!

E said...

love this list! Holidays are the best!

Tina said...

I LOVED having you home for the holidays as always. The reality is there won't be many more of them which makes me sad, but I'll cherish each opportunity I have with you here as a gift! I love you sooooo much! You're an amazing daughter, brilliant study-buddy, and best friend all bundled up in an adorable package! Love, Mom