In that class we made pieces for a quilt. I always meant to finish it, but never did. Each holiday when life slowed down a bit I'd pull it out and make grand plans, but was never any closer to finishing. When grandma spent the holidays with us we'd pull it out to give her something to do, but it just never happened. I'm the queen of unfinished projects.
BUT THEN. Taylor moved home. Taylor had no job or school. Grandma came to visit. What do you think happened then?
Finallly. After four years of gathering dust, my quilt finally became reality.
It is finished! It's cozy, it's gigantic, and I made it!
Can you see that? It's all hand quilted. I had arthritis by the end...
And now, crazy enough, I'm aching to get started on the next one!

6 comments:
Gorgeous! I love it!
YAY!! You are so amazing! So inspiring!! I want to be just like you when I grow up! :D
HAHAHA! :D Dude, no way! I finished mine last year. :D (So just 3 years.) That class was awesome. I love your quilt! It is crazy gorgeous. :)
Ha ha story of my life! I get in these super crafty modes where I just know I'm going to finish everything I start. I find tons of patterns and buy lots of fabric. And it's all basically for nothing. I mean, someday I'll get to it, but that day is just not very near. But yay! It looks great! And it is very Taylor-esque. Nice work!
Of course you had a class called "Needle Arts." What the heck? Why didn't my high school ever have such nifty classes? Oy.
I love this quilt. Very much. I can always count on you to finish what you started...even if it does take four years. ;)
You're too cool. Stop it.
Post a Comment