Monday, June 15, 2009

Utah State University

PACKING LIST:
Family Photo. Check.
Email addresses. Check.
Going Away Party. In progress...
Cell phone. Check.
Computer. Check.
Fork. Somewhere...
Cup. Next to the fork...
Really Comfy Pillow. Check.
Tissues. Check.
Free Calls Home. Check.
Everything Else. MIA

Does everyone have this problem? I feel completely and utterly unprepared and underqualified to live all by myself. I have a computer, a rice cooker, and pretty much nothing else. I'll get signed up for classes ok, I'm starting to know my roomates, but I don't have any supplies for living, and I don't have any money. Does this happen to everyone? And lucky me, I am 2 1/2 hours away from family and free laundry. I'm feeling a little scared.

10 comments:

Diana Renae said...

I'm scared too!! aah. how did this happen? !

Logan Thomas said...

Seriously!
Growing up?! Real life?! But I still feel like a kid!

Who's idea was this anyways?

Anonymous said...

Lol. I have no idea how you guys will all deal with it. My living 15 mins away in Provo doesn't seem like a far-fetched grand adventure. ;) But I'm freaking out anyways. Why are we so under-prepared!? Can we blame the government for this too!?

Breanna said...

I'm scared too. I move out this Saturday. You are way more prepared than I am. AHH!! :)

A said...

Taylor!
I just went to orientation. Needless to say, we are going to have the time of our LIVES!!!
I love USU.
So much.
I love you.
So much.
Fear not!

Jessica Grosland said...

Yeah, when we were all getting so psyched for graduation we managed to block out the fact that we were all going to be ON OUR OWN in just a few months.

I can't believe how much I've under-appreciated not having to buy my own food for so many years!

Snoopy said...

Don't worry. I was completely unprepared too. Fortunately my roommate had a couple extra forks. And there's lots of quarters and nickels in fountains. You can buy ramen. :)

just kidding about the fountains. You might get arrested.

Jess said...

Taylor! It's ok! This is Jess, your future roommate. :) I promise - you are NOT the only one feeling like the world is going to swallow you up in one swoop. It seems I have nothing too...and then again it seems like everyone else has got us covered! Kidding - I'll find something to bring! It'll be fun trying to figure it all out - and we'll all have something to laugh about. I think that's what will really matter after we get over our hunger pains! :)

Krystal said...

“There is something you must always remember… you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think… but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” ~Winnie the Pooh

You'll do great :)

Snookums said...

This is probably one of the few times compulsive list making helps me.

Everyone freaks out, wondering if they have enough money, doesn't think they're going to have friends, has no clue where they're going, and can't figure out what they're supposed to bring, and if they are the only one feeling this way.

The answers are: No, you're going to be broke but not TOO broke, everyone's making friends so you're bound to make them, everyone's simultaneously lost and putting their 'I-know-where-I'm-going' face on, you're carrying too much but none of the right stuff, and we are ALL feeling this way. So, don't worry.

That's all that matters. Enjoy your time and all is well.
Hope you have fun. You'll do awesome-tastic!
And keep on blogging when you can!