Ok, who was watching Finding Nemo at the apartment? Because somehow our fish got a misconception about freedom...
I was just washing a few dishes and wandering the counter when I hear this faint PLOP and a wriggling sound. One of your disgusting fish had jumped out of the bowl and was flopping around on my cutting board!!! I screamed, a little, and my first thought was, "Taylor isn't home!" So I put on a brave face and ran to get the fish net in the other room. I tried to scoop him up, but I don't think he liked that very much because he kept flipping away from me and it creeped me out! So I yelled for McKenzie to come help me and we finally fanagled him into the bowl using the fish net and a spoon. I am never touching those fish again.
So, apparently we have some escape artists in our little bowl! He hasn't died, which suprises me, but we are down to three still. I'm going to make a statement that Mike was the last one that died, and David, with half a fin, is still living, with Ryan and Brandon as company. Brandon was the one that escaped, so here is my conjecture about what was going through that tiny fish brain:
Brandon (the fish): Golly gee whiz! I am so bored of this tiny fish bowl! And I have to share it with three again! I was used to my own space, but now... grr. Hey! Lets have a race! First one across the bowl wins! Fine, I'll do it myself...I win...man this sucks... Hey! That was cool! What did I do with my tail? I just flipped it like this and it shot me across the bowl! Let's do that again! Hey Ryan look at me! Ouch?! What was that for? Fine, I'll get out of your way...I wonder....AHHH! I can't breathe! How did I get out here! Maybe if I keep doing it I'll get back in the bowl! Ah! Scary lady! She's got the NET! SWIM! I can't! Ah! Ah! Oooh, she hates it when I flip! Keep doing it! Stay alive man, stay alive! Ah! Who's that other one? STOP TOUCHING ME WITH THE NET OF DEATH! Ooh!? Spoon? That's cold! Swim, swim, swim, swim, swim...ouch. Glass, water, breathe, bowl....fhew.


1 comment:
Oh my heart again! That is hysterical! Our fish, they're developing quite the personalities. I'm proud of them. :) And I love your take on what's going through Brandon's head.
Your poor mother. Tell her thank you for saving our Little Brandon. He's the challenged one. He's experienced many a traumatic experience seeing as he's always the other fish in the bowl when one dies...
Haha...oh man...this has TOTALLY just made my day!!!
Post a Comment