Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Logan I Love...

This goodbye was bittersweet. I'm so excited to be back at school, but it was so hard to leave Mapleton. How is it that I have to leave home to go home? There were two and a half hours of limbo where I was indeed homeless, but now I'm at home again. I just have two of them I guess...

But this place, Logan, is so wonderful. I see it now. It is cold and snowy, all year round it seems, but there are wonderful things.

This is what I love about my home away:

Halfway through Sardine Canyon there is a little town nestled in a valley with maybe a hundred homes clumped together. It's the cutest little place that I'd love to explore one day. It's called Mantua. Think you know how to pronounce it? For 5 months I thought the same thing you are: man-too-uh. Would you believe me when I tell you that it's actually called man-oo-ay? You'd have to live here to know... Isn't that so cute though? So small town, I love it.

Taylor Anderson got the coolest roommates on the planet, and I love them to pieces! I always feel welcome and at home. The minute I saw Kelsie I felt good again, and happy to be back. I miss Rachel sorely... but she'll come back a lot. ;) Good roommates make everything better.

Once I leave the canyon and I see Cache Valley open up I feel like I've reached home again, and I feel like I'm in the right place. It's so important to me because I always want to be where the Lord wants me to be, and I've feel like I've found it. When I'm up here I feel like it's right, and that's comforting--knowing that the Lord really does direct me and help me every single day.

But what I love most about being here is that I can be Taylor Janae Anderson, and nobody cares. At home I can be myself, but the only people I see are my family and close friends (and Tyson :) and here, I know a few people, but they all know the real me. I've got some cool people that I have fun times with and slowly I'm finding out that being Taylor is ok and that's all I'm expected to be.

4 comments:

Alex said...

:) Wow Taylor... I haven't had to leave home yet, but I can totally relate to knowing that I'm where the Lord wants me to be. More than once I've definitely had to take a step back and literally count my blessings, but I'm so happy for what I have, good luck with the semester Taylor!

Jessica Grosland said...

Is it totally funny that when I first read this title, I thought you were about to profess your love for Logan Brown?

XD Needless to say, I felt rather dumb when I remembered that Logan is the place where you LIVE.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it does look like that... Didn't even notice. I haven't talked to that kid in ages! Did he fall off the face of the planet yet?

:) Logan Brown is one cool kid, but my heart lies elsewhere. :)

Jess said...

Oh Taylor. You took the words right out of my mouth. There's something special about Cache Valley. I love it too and couldn't agree more with what you said.