Friday, October 8, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser...Fish?

On the 21st of September in the year 2009, our humble apartment was given a wonderful gift. Six goldfish of which we are profoundly grateful and have much enjoyed. Ryan, Mike, Tim, Phil, David and Brandon were the first animals I have ever owned in my 18 years of life and still continue to be my only experience with pets. In the past year Phil, Tim, Mike, and Brandon have met their final end in our porcelain coffin, but miraculously Ryan and David have survived a harsh winter, swimming in milk, dreadfully long car rides, filthy water, not being fed, and the great rampage of Kelsie with scissors. For all this we have been astounded that they have survived this long, especially when we wanted them to die during the first week.

So, in honor of their amazing survival skills we hosted a celebration. A full-blown birthday party for our fish. Complete with cake, party hats, a pseudo-candle (a pretzel actually), and friends. Tim-Fish's namesake even made an appearance.



There was a great to-do, in honor of our fishes two.

Happy Birthday Ryan-Fish and David-Fish!

5 comments:

Tairsa said...

Ha ha ha, this is great!

Mallory said...

I like this mucho! I'm really glad this happened. Thank you Ryan and David fish for allowing us an excuse for Funfetti cake! :)

Rachel Peckham said...

Seriously? I can't believe they're still alive...

Jess said...

Oh happiest thing! :)

kait said...

Oh... that was such a fabulous thing. :) Those fish are pretty stinkin' lucky!