Upon much consideration I have concluded thus:
I am ready for life and whichever way it blows me. If it so happens that I marry Tyson, I will be happy. If I find someone else, I will be happy. As long as I pay attention to what the Lord has in store for me, my life will work out. So really, I'm not in charge here, He is. And that's comforting, because I don't always know what is best, but He does.
So thank you Beth, Sarah, Jen, Rachel, Eileen, Hilary, and Kim! ALL of your thoughts were appreciated!
DATE REPORT
Former Crush: Dud. He was distracted and distant, and there was no connection. But most importantly: he doesn't like Princess and the Frog. Thumbs down. [I cannot count how many times I made Tyson watch that with me. Usually I would fall asleep on his lap. We watched it on the day of his farewell when we said our final face-to-face goodbyes. Awwwww...]
Fiddler Man: We have an official date to go country swing dancing on Wednesday. I'm not sure how to feel right now; excited, but scared? The rest of the story [to be continued]...And, by popular request, I shall tell you the plan of my life [or next year.]
My career choice is to be a physical therapist assistant. I love it for many reasons, and I'm super excited to start working with patients. In order to do this I have to do 1.5 years in an intensive program at SLCC to get a degree in it. Therein lies the problem. Salt Lake Community College, the most frustrating school ever. They let people in the program on a first-come-first-serve basis instead of taking applications and choosing the best students. Thus, the program next fall is almost full and so I will be put on a waiting list for the following fall, 2012. Guaranteed I will get into the program, it's just an issue of when. So currently I am facing a year of limbo in which I plan to work and save money so that I don't delve too deeply into student loans, and attempt to live at home. I was hoping to get it done ASAP, but now life is on hold for a year.
So, no, I am NOT converting to BYU, I am going to good ol' Salt Lake [I was there this morning, and it is ghetto], when they finally accept me into the program. Starting next week I will find a job, save money, and try to keep myself occupied for a year. Then Tyson gets home, so who knows after that?

2 comments:
Well this is good to hear, really. I'm glad you finally figured out what you want to do (because we both know that chemistry just isn't terribly fun), and I'm really happy to hear there's a pretty close school that offers what you need. Sorry that SLCC isn't being nice, though.
You'll have to let me know where you're working down in the Valley. I've considered taking time off to work, but now that I have a major that I want, it's hard to leave school. Kudos to you though, not being in debt would be fantastic.
Excellent plans. :) I love how sure you are and yet so willing to accept change. Best of luck!
Post a Comment