Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Monotony

Wow, April must have been a very eventful month. :) It was indeed--filled with many fun things with my amazing roommates! I refuse to believe that we are roommates no longer... Still. Sitting at home with nothing to do with my life is extremely boring. Going to bed at 11 and saying away from sugar is doing good things for my body, but at the moment I feel like I'm stuck in High School. Doesn't that sound like a horror story? *shiver* I'm feeling less and less like a college student, and it's frightening! Just one more week and then I'll be back at school, with at least Jessica to entertain me and keep me company. ;)

So, to remind me of all the wonderful things I love about college, home, friends and just about everything, I have compiled a list of things that make me happy. Enjoy. :) (I love this poem!)


1. Wishing--I simply love wishing! On dandelions, wishing wells, 11:11 and shooting stars! There is so much magic in wishing, as long as you believe in it. And yes Jessica, it is more often than not the same wish, but it's a good enough wish to repeat. I really want it to happen. ;)

2. Princesses--Such elegance, such grace, such beautiful voices... I love princesses. They are so cheerful, kind, gracious, and beautiful. Can I please be one someday?

3. Cake Batter Cookies--simply heaven in a cookie. Ambrosia, manna, divinity, whichever you prefer. :)

4. Quotes--I love quotes because they say so much, and show ideas that you could never think up yourself. Other people say things more eloquently and teach you the truth about life.

5. Rain--The smell of the earth after it has just rained is intoxicating. Everything is new after a rain: the leaves are revitalized, the flowers are vibrant, and the sweet smell of dirt fills the air. The colors shine in deep, rich tones, and the dew pulls everything back to life. Rain is happiness sent from heaven.

6. Music--isn't it simply wonderful? How was music created? I think Heavenly Father loved us enough and realized that joy comes from music and so he sent it down to Earth. How in the world were instruments like the violin and the piano created? The shape of a violin is so complicated... needless to say I am truly grateful for music.

7. Love--life would be a shadow if we were unable to love. The friends and family we know would have no connection to us. We would all be stoic zombies if we couldn't love! Think of it! Love is essential to almost every emotion, and every relationship. What would we be if we couldn't love?

8. Hugs--definitely make me happy. :) Safety, protection, care, concern and love all packed into one small embrace.

9. Nature--Being in nature can help set your fears aside, put your priorities in order, and bring you peace. Seeing the Earth in it's raw, untainted state can bring you close to God and help you appreciate the little things. The smell of dirt, the colors of flower petals, the soft grass, the firm trees, this is what heaven is.

10. Family and Friends--make life worthwhile. :) Happiness is meaningless when you are alone or with people you care nothing about. Memories are to be shared, and happiness makes memories. So thank you all, for being my friends. :) You bring me more happiness than you can know!

5 comments:

Goaslind Gang said...

Winner! I love this! And you! We will forever be roommates. All my stories are still in present tense like I'm coming back to our beloved Rich 301. Don't worry. I'll keep wishing on those shooting stars that we'll be Old Farm roommates who already love each other and the glory of nature and princesses! :]

Breanna said...

Oh Taylor you are so wonderful! I just love you so much! and I love all these things too!

Rachel Peckham said...

Oh Taylor! I know EXACTLY how you feel. Ever since I moved home, I have to keep reminding myself that I AM going back to school. I also avoid hanging out with high school kids for fear I'll slip back into it.. haha. No worries. :)

Jess said...

Why am I so emotional? Haha...I'm on the verge of tears! Perhaps because of everything you said, and it was such an eye-opener. Or perhaps it kind of hit me like a ton of bricks because of all that happiness I found out of this past year. Such a lovely post! Keep wishing on things dear - you've got me in the habit too. :)

Krystal said...

You silly goose... I've been sitting home bored all week too :P We are both silly I guess.
I like your thoughts :D