But, like all journeys, this one has found it's end. I haven't even accepted the fact that it is over. It's so hard to fathom that this life I have grown accustomed to is about to end. I just barely found my niche, and now I have to start all over again. Taking a step into the dark is always the scariest thing, but for the next few years I'll need to get used to it. Moving up here was difficult, but doing it again? I guess I managed once, and I'm sure I'll live again, but it's so frightening. There are a lot of things that will happen this summer, and I'm sure not ready for them. Growing up is tough.
But today I'd like to write a tribute to all the good times. Here is a list of all the great things I have learned. It's been an amazing year!
1. I realized the value of eating healthy.
2. I learned that the craziest and most fun things happen at 2 am.
3. I learned just how much I love my family.
4. I found that taking time to cook a meal really is worth it.
5. I realized that winter quite literally never ends in Logan.
6. I discovered the special spirit that resides in the small older temples. :) You're never lost when you can see the temple!
7. I found that if you want your goldfish to die they will live FOREVER.
8. I have learned to truly value a beautiful day in the sun.
9. I have made two homes, one in Mapleton, and one in Logan. I'm always home, not homeless.
10. I realized that God shapes us and his hand is in everything.
There are so many things! But that's a simple list that works for me. :)
My friend Sarah shared this poem in her testimony today, and I fell in love with it.
The Weaver
My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares,
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
Who leave the choice with Him.
--B. M. Franklin

3 comments:
PROMISE! How would we forget you noobie? :] I'll be coming to visit your awesome apartment over the summer, and we'll (hopefully) be in the same ward next year! I love your little list of lessons too! :]
Promise kept~! How could i forget shutting off your alarm clock on weekends you weren't home ;) or throwing a pillow at you to wake up? haha good times! I love you pal and you know where to find me, plus you'll have to meet mission man Alex! So i will be seeing you this summer no worried there
Taylor? It is a fact of life that you will not be forgotten by me. I will forever be in your life! Even when you want nothing more than for me to go away and die. ;) Haha. I love you dear.
It's so true, the things we've all learned about ourselves this year. You're not the only one. My, my. You're not the only one....I love that poem that Sarah shared too. I'm so glad you posted it, for it fits so perfectly!
Post a Comment